Now, here’s a thought. Does anyone know to what degree the Constitution on the Liturgy refers to the Eastern Rites of the Church? For in these cases, we have the ancient rites of the Church that have not been rendered into the vernacular, nor have they been “reformed” to remove “useless repetitions” etc. No-one seems to be suggesting that the liturgical life of the Eastern Rites are suffering in any way from a lack of “clarity” and “comprehension”. So why does the Latin Rite have to be sparklingly clear and obvious? Does this perspective altar our interpretation of article 34 of Sacrosanctum Concilium in any way?
Peccator Inter Peccatores et Insanus Inter Insanos
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
About This Blog
SCE is a blog in "the Spirit of Benny 16". It is a place to discuss Catholic Theology, Ecumenism, Interfaith relations, History, Liturgy, Philosophy and whatever topics are hot in the ecclesiastical world!
I view the combox as the most important feature of this site, and I imagine our commentators sharing a glass of after dinner port as we discuss in a gentlemanly/ladylike manner the issues most dear to us.
Our motto on this blog is:
"Maior autem his est spes"
All opinions on this page expressed by the blog owner are those of the blog owner alone, and are in no way to be taken as the opinions of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne or its agencies.
Any opinion on this page expressed by a visiting commentator is the opinion of that commentator alone and is in no way to be taken as the opinion of the blog owner.
I hope that is clear enough for everyone?
Please Join the Commentary Table!
Want to leave a comment? Haven't posted on SCE before? Click here to find out how to fast track the moderation of your first comment and become an approved SCE commentator.
Subscribe to Email Updates
Sign up to DropboxUse this link to sign up to Dropbox, and get extra free space for yourself and me! http://db.tt/rvgBYop
- First time Commentators click here before posting!
- Other Stuff
- Catholic priesthood crisis
- Catholic Theological College Bible Lands Study Tour 2012
- Extracts from the Manual on Indulgences (2006)
- My Anima Education course notes
- My Articles
- Council of Christians and Jews: “Same-Sex Marriage” Panel – Presentation by David Schütz
- Ecumenism, Interfaith Dialogue and the New Evangelisation
- Evangelisation and Proselytisation
- Passover meets Easter
- The New Evangelisation – Presentation to the National Conference of the Catholic Women’s League of Australia
- My Essays On Liturgical Music and Song
- My Interviews
- My Reviews
- Prayers for the Burial of a Pet
- Who is Schütz?