As our good friend, Shannon O’Donahoo enters the Seminary this week with about half a dozen other fine young men, there is this timely piece reported on Zenit: Six Effective Habits of Vocational Recruiting. The six habits are:
- putting the Eucharist at the center of vocational work.
- personally inviting young men to become priests (most effective when it comes from priests)
- Seminaries being faithful to the magisterium
- Families (especially fathers) being faithful
- Priests interacting with possible candidates
- possible candidates attending World Youth Day
I don’t know if one can actually make a habit of attending World Youth Days (since they only occurr every three years and are not always accessible possible candidates), but all the rest are pretty well common sense I would say.
After all, it isn’t rocket science.