Dawn Shaw recently sent around this information. It contains all the detail about the establishement of the Melbourne Parish of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of the Southern Cross that you will need to know.
Also, some have been asking re the identity of some of the priests to be ordained on 8th of September. Perhaps one of the lesser known is Ramsay Williams. The most recent edition of the Kairos has an article interview with Ramsay here.
James Grant, another of the candidates, is personally known to me. We worked together in Jewish Christian Muslim Association at its inception, and he has also studied at the John Paul II Institute. A good man!
Here is Dawn’s round up of info:
Dear Members of the ODG, ASK Parishioners & Friends:
1. The Melbourne Parish of the Australian Ordinariate will come into being over the weekend of 7th-9th September, 2012.
Friday, 7th September at 7.00 p.m. Laity coming into the Personal Ordinariate will be Received by the Australian Ordinary, Mgr Harry Entwistle at Holy Cross Catholic Church, 707 Glen Huntly Road, Caulfield South.
Saturday, 8th September at 10.00 a.m. Ordinations to the Priesthood at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, East Melbourne. Archbishop Denis J. Hart will preside. Candidates for the Ordinariate: James Grant, Neil Fryer, Ramsay Williams and Christopher Seton. Candidates for the Melbourne Diocese: Andrew McCarter, Benneth Osuagwu, Jerome Santamaria and Kevin Williams.
Sunday, 9th September at 11.00 a.m. Mgr Entwistle will Concelebrate Mass with newly Ordained Ordinariate Priests at Holy Cross Catholic Church.
2. Fr Christopher Seton has advised that he will resign as Parish Priest of All Saints’ Anglican Church, Kooyong on Sunday, 2nd September, 2012.
From Sunday, 9th September, 2012 the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of the Southern Cross, Melbourne Parish, will reside and worship at Holy Cross Catholic Church, with the initial Service times of –
High Mass 11.00 a.m.; Evensong & Benediction 7.00 p.m.
3. The Ordinariate Discussion Group (ODG) will continue to meet at All Saints Kooyong (ASK) on Monday evenings 6th August, 13th August, 20th August and 27th August.
Mass will be at 6.00 p.m. as usual with the meeting to follow at 7.00 p.m.
From Monday 3rd September, meetings will be held at Holy Cross Catholic Church (NO Mass on the evening of 3/9/12 – Meeting to commence at 8.00 p.m).
(Note new times) From Monday 10th September Mass will be at 7.00 p.m. with the meeting to follow at 8.00 p.m.
4. Reminders: This coming Monday 6th August at 7.00 p.m. Bishop Peter Elliott will present: “On the Way to the Ordinariate” (1 hour followed by 30 minutes for Q&A).
Monday 13th August at 7.15 p.m. Fr Glen Tattersall, Rector, St Aloysius Church, The Catholic Community of Blessed John Henry Newman, will present: “The Sacrament of Penance/Confession” (1 hour followed by 30 minutes for Q&A). (Note ODG commences 15 minutes later due to previous meeting from 6.45 p.m. – CCS/MMcW)
5. Friday 14th September at 7.00 p.m. High Mass of the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross will be celebrated at Holy Cross Catholic Church.