Peccator apud peccatores, et insanus apud insanos
- First time Commentators click here before posting!
- Other Stuff
- Catholic priesthood crisis
- Catholic Theological College Bible Lands Study Tour 2012
- Extracts from the Manual on Indulgences (2006)
- My Anima Education course notes
- My Articles
- Council of Christians and Jews: “Same-Sex Marriage” Panel – Presentation by David Schütz
- Ecumenism, Interfaith Dialogue and the New Evangelisation
- Evangelisation and Proselytisation
- Passover meets Easter
- Response to a further enquiry on “How Jesus the Faithful Jew became the Christ of Christian Faith”
- Response to Paul Forgasz on “How Jesus the Faithful Jew became the Christ of Christian Faith”
- The Christian Hope and Christian Dialogue with Jews (2013)
- The New Evangelisation – Presentation to the National Conference of the Catholic Women’s League of Australia
- My Aussie Camino – The Inaugural MacKillop-Woods Way Pilgrimage (April 2014)
- My Essays On Liturgical Music and Song
- My Interviews
- My Reviews
- Prayers for the Burial of a Pet
- To the Holy Door: A Pilgrimage of Mercy (December 13)
- Who is Schütz?
All opinions on this page expressed by the blog owner are those of the blog owner alone, and are in no way to be taken as the opinions of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne or its agencies.
Any opinion on this page expressed by a visiting commentator is the opinion of that commentator alone and is in no way to be taken as the opinion of the blog owner.
I hope that is clear enough for everyone?
About This Blog
SCE is a blog in "the Spirit of Benny 16". It is a place to discuss Catholic Theology, Ecumenism, Interfaith relations, History, Liturgy, Philosophy and whatever topics are hot in the ecclesiastical world!
I view the combox as the most important feature of this site, and I imagine our commentators sharing a glass of after dinner port as we discuss in a gentlemanly/ladylike manner the issues most dear to us.
Our motto on this blog is:
"Maior autem his est spes"
Please Join the Commentary Table!
Want to leave a comment? Haven't posted on SCE before? Click here to find out how to fast track the moderation of your first comment and become an approved SCE commentator.
Sign up to DropboxUse this link to sign up to Dropbox, and get extra free space for yourself and me! http://db.tt/rvgBYop
Subscribe to Email Updates
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Yes, it’s on again, but this time with a shorter route and a different destination. On Saturday 27 February 2016, I will be leading a Lenten Pilgrimage to the Holy Door from St Philip’s Catholic Church, 60 Junction Rd, Blackburn … Continue reading
Since the Pope gave his own answer to this question on Sunday, there has been a lot of discussion about the exact situations under which it is possible for protestant Christians to request communion from a Catholic minister. I thought … Continue reading
It’s just one day, but what way better to celebrate the opening of the Year of Mercy in Melbourne than to join me on a 44km pilgrimage from my home Parish of St Joseph’s Boronia, via my worshiping parish of … Continue reading
But I’ve learned a lesson. When writing a Letter To The Editor, don’t try to make a reasoned argument over several sentences. Each sentence needs to be an argument in itself, because they edit the letters mercilessly. My letter was … Continue reading
I had a bereavement yesterday morning. I did my morning check of the rat nest, feeling inside and counting ears and dividing by two as usual. One of the lumps of fur was colder than usual. I had been expecting … Continue reading
Well, here we are: a new post on the SCE blog. Hell may indeed be freezing over in this chilliest of Melbourne winters, but the time has come for me to put something up. On the weekend I had the … Continue reading
You might be aware that the Church has a thing called a “General Directory of Catechesis”. It was issued by the Congregation for the Clergy (interesting) back in 1997, and is a significant document for understanding the place of catechesis … Continue reading
Today our 15 year old cat Milli had to be euthanased. She had a stroke about 3 weeks ago, and while I was away on Camino, she lost most of her sight and her hearing. I suspected kidney failure, and … Continue reading
Last night I watched the first two episodes of “Jesus: Rise to Power” on SBS on Demand (you can get an app for that on your ipad). Apparently these two episodes are on YouTube too, so you can look them up … Continue reading
The Rats were innocent! See: http://www.smh.com.au/world/have-we-been-wrongly-blaming-rats-for-the-black-death-for-eight-centuries-maybe-it-was-gerbils-20150224-13nvoe.html And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerbil